As we come to the end of another year and another decade, so many people make “New Year’s Resolutions,” promises or pledges that they intend to follow during the next calendar year.
Here are a number of thoughts to guide us during 2020:
1. Faith is the ability to not panic.
2. If you worry, you didn’t pray. If you pray, don’t worry.
3. Laugh every day. It’s like inner jogging.
4. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
5. Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
6. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home every day.
7. The most important things in your home are the people.
8. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.
9. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.
10. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.
11. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious moments.
12. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams you’re seeking require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle–it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.
13. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
14. Do the math. Count your blessings.
15. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.
16. Dear God: I have a problem. It’s me.
17. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.