A pencil maker told the pencil five important lessons just before putting it in the box:
1. Everything you do will always leave a mark.
2. You can always correct the mistakes you make.
3. What is important is inside of you.
4. In life, you will undergo painful sharpenings which will only make you better.
5. To be the best pencil, you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the hand that holds you.
Sounds like we can apply that to our own lives, doesn’t it?
We all need to be constantly sharpened.
Never allow yourself to get discouraged, to think that your life is insignificant and cannot be changed.
Like the pencil, remember that the most important part of who you are, is what’s inside of you.
Then allow yourself to be guided by the hand of God.